来源：学大教育 时间：2014-07-09 16:36:30
1. —I’ve taken someone else’s green sweater by mistake.
—It ______ Harry’s. He always wears green. (广东2005)
A. has to be B. will be
C. mustn’t be D. could be
2. —The woman biologist stayed in Africa studying wild animals for 13 years before she returned.
—Oh, dear! She ______ a lot of difficulties! (江苏2005)
A. may go through
B. might go through
C. ought to have gone through
D. must have gone through
3. Helen ______ go on the trip with us, but she isn’t quite sure yet. (安徽2005)
A. shall B. must C. may D. can
4. You might just as well tell the manufacturer that male customers ______ not like the design of the furniture. (上海2005春)
A. must B. shall C. may D. need
5. He paid for a seat, when he ______ have entered free. (山东2005)
A. could B. would C. must D. need
6. —Do you know where David is? I couldn’t find him anywhere.
—Well. He ______ have gone far — his coat’s still here. (湖北2005)
A. shouldn’t B. mustn’t
C. can’t D. wouldn’t
7. If I ______ plan to do anything I wanted to, I’d like to go to Tibet and travel through as much of it as possible. (湖北2005)
A. would B. could
C. had to D. ought to
8. I was on the highway when this car went past followed by a police car. They ______ at least 150 kilometres an hour. (重庆2005)
A. should have been doing
B. must have been doing
C. could have done
D. would have done
9. This cake is very sweet. You ______ a lot of sugar in it.(辽宁2005)
A. should put B. could have put
C. might put D. must have put
10. —Catherine, I have cleaned the room for you.
—Thanks. You ______ it. I could manage it myself. (福建2005)
A. needn’t do
B. needn’t have done
C. mustn’t do
D. shouldn’t have done
11. Tom, you ______ leave all your clothes on the floor like this! (NMET 2005)
A. wouldn’t B. mustn’t
C. needn’t D. may not
12. —Did you tell Julia about the result?
—Oh, no, I forgot. I ______ her now. (NMET 2005)
A. will be calling B. will call
C. call D. am to call
13. John, look at the time. ______ you play the piano at such a late hour? (NMET 2005)
A. Must B. Can C. May D. Need
14. He ______ have completed his work; otherwise, he wouldn’t be enjoying himself by the seaside. (北京2005)
A. should B. must
C. wouldn’t D. can’t
15. —Tom is never late for work. Why is he absent today?
—Something ______ to him. (江西2005)
A. must happen
B. should have happened
C. could have happened
D. must have happened
1. After the bell rings, which indicates the ending of the exam, youstay where you are until all your papers are collected.
A.shall B.would C.will D.can
2. —Will you please stay here for the concert?
—Sorry, I _____ . I’ll have to go to an important meeting.
A. wouldn’t B. needn’tC. mustn’t D. can’t
3.-I missed the first part of the play. It was a pity.
-You ________ home half an hour earlier.
A. should have left B. must have left C. would have leftD. need have left
4. Look! Tom is too sleepy to work .He __ up watching TV.
A. mustn't have stayedB. shouldn't have stayedC. mustn't stayD. ought not to say.
5. ----I’ve told her many times , and she still forgot about it!
---I understand. It’s true that she _______ be very forgetful sometimes.
A. can B. should C. ought to D. must
6. English lessons are in strong demand in the United States, and people ____ wait for an opening
A. have to B. may have to C. must D. may
7. Yesterday , Jane walked away from the discussion. Otherwise , she
something she would rather regret later.
A. had said B. said C. might say D. might have said
8. —Are you coming to Jeff’s party?
—I’m not sure, I go to the concert instead.
A. must B. would C. should D. might
9. Most of the big hotels were full at this time of year, but finally we _________ finda room in one of those small guesthouses near the station.
A. ought to B. could C. were able to D. might
10. Being examined twice a year，whether it is a car or a bus or a truck，is the rule that every driver _______obey in this city.
A. shall B. can C. ought to D. need
11. The weather in the south is generally warm, but it _____ be very cold sometimes.
A. may B. shall C. will D. can
12. 一I heard they went skiing in the mountains 1ast winter.
一Itbe true because there was littIe snow there.
A. mustn't B.couldn'tC.may notD.won't
13. He was a good swimmer so he _________ swim to the river bank when the boat sank.
A. could B. might C. should D. was able to
14. Since the ground is white, it _________ last night.
A. had snowed B. must have snowed
C. must be snowing D. must have been snowing
15. --- That must be a mistake. ---- No .it _________ be.
A. can't B. isn't able to C. can D. was able to
16. He had known the matter before you told him, so you _________ have told it to him.
A. mustn't B. can't C. needn't D. shouldn't
17. You are their teacher. You _________ care of them.
A. should to take B. might to take C. ought to take D. need to take
18. She is studying medical science now but she _________ a lawyer.
A. used to be B. would be C. were D. had been
19. ________ you succeed !
A. Can B. May C. Must D. Will
20.The teacher told the students that they ________ keep silent in class all the time.
A. ought to not B. ought not to C. ought not to have D. can't