1. As far as I am concerned, education is about learning and the more you learn, ____.
A. the more for life are you equipped B. the more equipped for life you are
C. the more life you are equipped for D. you are equipped the more for life
2. —— I can’t find Tom. Where did you meet him this morning?
------- It was in the hotel ______ he stayed.
A. that B which C the one D where
3. who did the teacher ________ the exercises?
A. have done B. have do C. had done D. has done
4. “We weren’t sure which way to go. In the end, we turned right.”
“You _____ the wrong way. You _________ left.”
A. had gone; must have turned B. went; must turn
C. have gone; would have turned D. went; should have turned
5. Yesterday I went to buy a computer. There were so many models for us ______ in the shop that I was at a loss which to buy.
A. to be chosen B.to choose from C. to choose D.for choosing
7. Mary has always been doing well in that company. Tomorrow she will go on a trip to Europe, ________.
A. all expenses paid B. all expenses paying C. paying all expenses D. paid all expenses
10.Don’t ___ a risk to climb this mountain; it is too steep.
A. make B. take C. have D. set
12. Come and see me whenever ______.
A. you are convenient B. you will be convenient
C. it is convenient to you D. it will be convenient to you
14. A sheep _____ on this kind of special grass usually grows much faster than ____on ordinary.
A. feeding; one B. feeds; the one C. fed; that D. feeding; it
16. The detective,____ to be reading a newspaper, glanced at the man_____ next to a woman.
A. pretending, seated B. pretended, seated C.pretending,seat D. pretended, seating
17. To our great______, Geoffrey’s illness proved not to be as serious as we had feared.
A. anxiety B. relief C. view D. judgment
18. The two birds _____ each other in shape and color. In other words, they ______ each other in shape and color.
A. differ, are different from B. differ from, are different to
C. resemble, are similar to D. resemble, are similar with
19. Modern forms of transportation and communication have done much to ______ the isolation (隔离) of life in Alaska.
A. break down B. break out C. break into D. break through
21 .She doesn’t like Mrs.Smith, so she always avoids ______ with her.
A. to leave alone B. being left alone C,to be left alone D. being left behind
22. We shouldn’t complain about being poor—many families are _____ than we are.
A. worse off B. badly off C. well off D. better off
23. If your children ____ a bit, there’d be room for another one on this seat.
A. tied up B. turned up C. closed up D. kept up
24. China is a wonderful land ____ minerals.
A. is abundant in B. abundant in C. in abundant D.is in abundant
25. A: Jack is ____ a brave person.
B: So he is . And we can’t admire his perseverance _____.
A. actually , very much B. indeed, a lot C. truly , a little D. really , too much
26. Great changes have taken place in that school .
It is no longer ____ it was 20 years ago, ____ it was so poorly equipped.
A. what , when B. that, which C. what , which D. which , that
27. Don’t believe in him; he was __with the ability to tell lies.
A. born B. equipped C. supplied D. fixed
28. If you don’t try your best to learn all subjects, you will ___ behind.
A. stay B. leave C. fall D. remain
32. The life here is really very difficult , to tell you the truth , I haven’t completely __to it yet.
A. agreed B.fitted C. adjusted D. adopted
33.In order to improve my spoken English, I read ___ English ___.
A. everyday; every day B. every day; everyday
C. everyday; everyday D. every day; every day
35. A: what have you been doing ____? I’ve been so little of you.
B: I have to leave early for work and comes home very____.
A. late, lately B. late, late C. lately , late D. lately , lately
答案：BDBDB BADBB ACBAD ABCDA BACBD AACDD DCADC